Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Dream

Last night I nearly pulled an all-nighter. I slept at about 7 AM, because I was busy mulling stuff over in my head. I came up with a plan, a goal. I want to open up a bank account here in Egypt the minute I turn 16. When I finally move here and start college, I'll try to save up as much money as I can in said bank account. Bonus points ofcourse if I can score a job and have a steady income to put in this account. And finally after my 5 years in college (which I won't be paying for) when I've got a good amount of cash in my account (I keep saying 'account' because I'm 15 and excited and I want my own bank account!!!!), I will TRAVELLL!!!
So it's not a hugely original plan but I want to do it alone.
See, I want to save up for the airline ticket, and search for small B&Bs and motels all over England and the British countryside. I want to hop on trains and wander all over England for a whole month. Take pictures, sit in quiet coffee shops on my own, eat muffins, live out of a suitcase, discover ruins, etc...
It's an idealistic little dream, but it's possible. I want to take a month all to myself before I settle down completely, and find a stable job. It may be too early to think about it right now, but I like to plan things early on. I may not even have the same dream 7 years from now; we may all die in 2012 and I won't even go to college! Haha but I thought I'd share it.
I won't be going to college away from my family, because that just isn't 'how we do yo!'. Girls don't normally leave home in our culture. A month to myself, discovering new territory seems perfect to me.

What were your plans for 'after college'?
&What do you think of mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment