Saturday, July 31, 2010

Out of My Box

I've promised a lot of serious blogging in the summer, but I have completely failed. I've gotten caught up in a SAT Math prep course with a very energetic beach bum (he's not acctually a beach bum, he just dresses like that, and I enjoy calling him one). He's only seen me twice but we've come far, and he's pushing it farther. I've also gotten a good amount of reading done this summer (Paulo Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone, Muriel Zagha's Finding Monsieur Right, Agatha Christie's Clocks, JKRowling's 7th Harry Potter Book, & on my way to finishing Agatha's Sittaford Mystery), and I've got more books waiting for me. I really do reccomend the Coelho book. Other than my being a HUGE fan of his books, this one is a treasure. It critisizes all the marginally wrong aspects of 'celebrity' and the 'Superclass'; it's very very good. I also got Derek Blasberg's Classy shipped, but not at my current location. Oh I'm itttching to read that one.
I sadly have not been keeping my Chictopia account up to date, I'm much more interested in my Facebook account, and I can't find the inspiration or the drive to get dressed into something remotely chic every day. Maybe when I get back to school I'll update every weekend (I wear a uniform to school)? That'll motivate me... I think (I hope).
I've also found a big love for pickles. I LOVE PICKLES. Pickles all the time please.
I thought of contacting Lovelyish.com & posting a guide to being a freshman since there's a lot of debate around that. Lots of people are very nervous about starting highschool. I can't remember being that nervous, even though I was moving schools with an entirely new group of people.
Hmm. Might be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, don't worry about it. You still have 50 days to post. ;) I'll take you up on your Paulo Coelho book suggestion. I enjoyed The Alchemist.

    I too love pickles. :D Nathan's has awesome Kosher Dills. But I have to warn you, if you eat one, you'll want more. I ate 4 spears (one whole pickle) yesterday and would have eaten more if they didn't maake me so thirsty.

    ReplyDelete