Monday, June 21, 2010

Of Nights I'd Love to Remember Years From Now


I want to remember nights like this one.
Nights where I’m cozy and my room is dimly lit.
My hair rolling past my cheeks in a length I am yet unaccustomed to.
My bed is gorgeously un-made.
My guitars are leaning on eachother.
There’s a random sock on the floor.
Yet in the middle of this obvious imperfection, I am at peace.
I love this place.
I love that’s it’s just my mind and I.
I can hear myself think quite clearly.
And that is perfect because I have a lot to think about.
A lot to contemplate.
I want my writing to be like a picture.
I want it to speak to the reader loud and clear.
I want it to carry a message.
And I want every single person out there to hear.
I’m not an extraordinarily gifted person
With snap-crackle wit I am not blessed.
But with deep thoughts, and strong reason.
I find myself most often cursed.
I know others like me exist.
Others trying to find out exactly how and why they’re special.
We’re not all the way there yet
But we’re getting there.
I want to remember nights like this one.
Nights where I’m writing disjointed poetry while sitting cross-legged on my rumpled bed.
Nights where there are so many ambivalent emotions buzzing around my head.
Nights where I know I wont be able to fall asleep.
This is a story of a night I want to remember years from now.
It isn’t a marginally special night. But that’s what makes it so memorable

No comments:

Post a Comment